Rise Against’s Tim McIlrath on Bob Dylan: ‘I Didn’t Give His Music a Chance Till I Was Older’ (на англ.)

Заголовок сообщения: Rise Against’s Tim McIlrath on Bob Dylan: ‘I Didn’t Give His Music a Chance Till I Was Older’ (на англ.)
СообщениеДобавлено: 03 май 2014, 15:27 

Rise Against’s Tim McIlrath on Bob Dylan: ‘I Didn’t Give His Music a Chance Till I Was Older’ (на англ.)

“I grew up listening to metal, punk and rock music, so when I was a teenager, Bob Dylan was always just on the peripheral for me. I just thought of him as someone from my parent’s listened to, or whatever. I never really got into what he did, and more or less dismissed it,” says Rise Against vocalist/guitarist Tim McIlrath.

Noisecreep is on the phone with the frontman discussing Rise Against’s cover of ‘The Ballad of Hollis Brown,’ the melodic punk band’s contribution to ‘Chimes of Freedom,’ a compilation celebrating the 50th Anniversary of human rights organization Amnesty International.

“I got into Dylan later in life, and I think that happened for combination of reasons. I was trying to trace back the roots of counterculture music, and seeing where Rise Against fit into that. Dylan was obviously part of an important generation of songwriters, but I didn’t give his music a chance till I was older,” McIlrath says about the folk rock icon.

Noisecreep asked the Rise Against star how he finally got around to listening to Dylan: “I would meet people all the time that couldn’t believe that I didn’t listen to him. So next thing I knew, I started getting these iTunes gift cards from my friends, and they’d tell me, ‘You gotta hear this song and that song.’ So that’s when I started to listen to Dylan. I really peeled back the layers and got into the lyrics. That’s when I began to appreciate his craft, and what an incredible songwriter he is.”

Вложения:
riseagainstappeal03-745112.jpg
riseagainstappeal03-745112.jpg [ 37.38 KiB | Просмотров: 429 ]
Вернуться наверх